Lessons for the week of 5/11/20 - 5/15/20
- We're in the home stretch everyone! I have missed you guys terribly, but I hope you've been able to do these physical activities and stay safe over the last several weeks.
- The Final Packets are posted below:
- Kindergarten through fifth grades, you are mainly focusing on walking and mindfulness, which would be great for you to carryout throughout the summer!
- Sixth through eighth grades, you are encouraged to begin a fitness journey. Take some time to read through the plan and really think of the benefits. I know this is officially the last packet assignment from me, but this is a complete 30-day plan that I would love for you to continue. Everyday does not have to be perfect, but I whole-heartedly believe that each of you are capable of carrying this plan out and that you will see and feel benefits!!!
- Last but not least, I love ALL of you with ALL my heart, I hope you have a wonderful and healthy summer, and I can't wait to see you in the fall :) Never hesitate to contact me anytime if you have any questions or just want to say hello!
Lessons for Week of 5/4/20 - 5/8/20
- Packet 6 is linked below.
- Have some fun with this! Be creative!!!
- I also have posted the May DEAM Calendar below as well. Packet 6 still has April's connected to it, so that's why I have posted May's below.
- Miss and love you guys!!!
Lessons for week of 4/27/20 - 5/1/20
- New packets are posted below.
- Pick a minimum of two lessons (2 days) and complete them as thoroughly as possible.
- You can try ALL the lessons for the week if you would like!
- Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need any help!!!
- Keep up the good work! Miss you guys!
Lessons for week of 4/20/20 - 4/24/20
- This week's main activities focus on hand-eye coordination. I hope you have fun trying new things!
- The Packet 4 links are below and have everything you need to get your Physical Education on!
- I miss each of you terribly and wish I could be doing these lessons with you, so remember, if you take a picture or a video of you doing any of the activities, PLEASE SEND THEM TO ME! I'd love to see you guys being active!
Lessons for week of 4/13/20 - 4/17/20
- This week I have posted below the Packet 3 for each grade level. If you have any questions please message me.
- Remember, on a typical week you have PE two times per week. Pick two of your favorite lessons that I post for the week and complete them.
- Your goal is to have 60 minutes of physical ACTIVITY (playing outside, jumping on trampoline, doing the DEAM activity, etc) per day, but you need physical EDUCATION at least two times per week. Just keep that in mind please.
- Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend!!!
Lessons for 4/6/20 - 4/10/20
- Continue days 4 and 5 on the Week 2 packet.
- Continue the April DEAMS Calendar.
- For Wednesday-Friday, I am adding a few links for some Easter-themed activities. Have fun with them! Use your imagination if you do not have some of the "equipment" that it lists. Example: if it asks for plastic eggs and you don't have any, make your own paper eggs or just use slips of paper. No biggie!
- I would love to see videos, pics, etc! You can email me, tag me on the Hilham Facebook, or message me through Remind or Class Dojo.
- HAPPY EASTER everyone!
Lessons for 3/30/20 - 4/3/20
- Continue with Days 4 and 5 on the Week 1 packet.
- Finish days 30 and 31 on the March DEAMS calendar and then you may begin the April calendar.
- I am posting the Week 2 packet links, which you will begin on Wednesday, April 1.
- The layout of the Curriculum Map/Lessons is the same format as before.
- Don't forget to continue your Activity Log.
- I'm so proud of all of you for continuing to stay active during this time apart!
- Please feel free to send pics of your Activity Logs/activities you are doing/videos/etc either to me via email, or you can post them on the Hilham Facebook page. I'd love to see what you've been up to, especially since we've had such nice weather!
** 6th - 8th Grades: Your main activity for the lesson beginning on Wednesday is focused on Roundnet (aka Spikeball), which we have not covered yet. However, you can work on all the same skills that it has listed but in a 4-square (2-square) type game play. Like I've said before, we just have to be creative sometimes!
There are 6 parts to each lesson:
- Focus and Academic Language (ex. Focus = Keeping an active lifestyle while at home; Academic Language = Active Lifestyle)
- Warm-up - some will be through GoNoodle videos, YouTube videos, or activities (links are provided)
- Home Activity - you only do the activity that is specified for that day (links are provided)
- DEAM (Drop Everything And Move) Calendar - this calendar is the same for all grade levels; Start with the activity for March 25th and go from there
- Mindfulness Activity - links and resources are provided
- Physical Activity Log - this will be an on-going assignment throughout the duration of our time away from school
Important points I would like to mention:
- I understand that all these activities will not be possible due to varying reasons. However, be CREATIVE and think outside the box!!! If you don't have a certain piece of equipment, try something different that you do have around house. For example, use paper cups for cones, waded up paper for a ball, an outside wall for a partner, etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Always be safe, respectful, and responsible by asking permission first.
- The goal is to get 60 minutes of physical activity everyday! However, these minutes can be broken into smaller increments throughout the day.
- And last but not least, I miss you all already and will be praying for everyone's health and safety.
Lessons for 3/25/20 - 3/27/20
- We will only be doing Days 1-3 on the Curriculum Map this week.
- On the DEAMS Calendar start with Day 25 of March.
- Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns.
** 6th - 8th Grades: For the AMRAP activity, it does not specify a time, so do each exercise (As Many Reps As Possible) for 1 minute each. And then take either a run/jog/walk around the house between each AMRAP Challenge. If you do not recognize a particular exercise, research proper form for it.